Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all the dad's. We are so thankful to have Dad with us this Father's Day.
Jackie has been with Dad this weekend, and I went over for the afternoon. I just had to see his eyes open. When I stood by his bed he winked at me, and that told me he knew who I was. I was so excited to see his eyes open, but, was not prepared to see the pain in them. Dad and Vicki are in so much pain, so please pray for their comfort. There has not been much change in Dad or Vicki over the weekend. The nurses did sit Vicki up on the side of the bed. That doesn't sound like a big thing, but it was! On a funny note, Vicki asked Christy to get her off the boat. I guess she thinks she's on another cruise! Later, she told Christy to call Pam and have her come pick her up immediately. Vicki may be in bad shape but, like the rest of us, we know Pam can definitely get things taken care of. Ha!
They are going to monitor Dad tonight, and possibly try to get him off the ventilator tomorrow. One of the big things right now is pain management. I'm sure the nurses are growing tired of Jackie, Christy, Heather and I requesting more pain medicine for Dad and Vicki. Oh well, I think it's just part of our job...
Please keep those prayers coming.
Love to all,

Timi

2 comments:

Jack Maxwell said...

Gerald, Vicki, and the entire Harp family and extended families,

Thank you for posting the detailed notes about Gerald and Vicki's progress. All of us are Praying for continued progress toward complete recoveries for both.

We in Tulsa are wanting to do more.
If you need anything, just let any of us know. Food, housing, connections, directions, errands run, etc. Anything, just ASK. Gerald, is famous for his, Just Ask'em phrase.

Jack, Sue and Stephen Maxwell

Jim Huffman said...

Dear Gerald and Vicki, and precious family;
Regardless of where we've been this past week, people are expressing their concern for your well-being. Many, many prayers are being said. You are loved and appreciated! Jim and Jean Huffman