Sunday, July 29, 2007

Third Time is a Charm, we hope!

I'm making reference to Vicki's leg. Vicki is having surgery on her leg again, for the third time. Hopefully this will be the last surgery, and speed up her recovery time with the adjustments they are making during surgery. This would be a good time to slip an encouraging card in the mail. On her "range of motion" report card she had improved in nearly all areas. Good job!

On a good note, I got to bring Dad home today. I didn't want to announce it until we got here. I was fearful that something would change at the last minute. He is walking, and it is an AWESOME sight!!! He's still a little weak, but I know with his determination he'll be strong as an ox in no time. He will be busy with rehab; cognitive, occupational, and physical therapy. We've still got a lot of work ahead of us, but I am seeing a bright light at the end of the tunnel. Wow, it is great to be home. Jackie and Diane had a 5 star meal fixed upon Dad's arrival home. Thanks to Dime's Meat Market for their kindness and to Ken's Signs.
Dad is still going to have to sqeeze in some rest time, so please call before visiting.
Jamie, Diane, Bonita, Dennis and Trudi, you all were lifesavers this week!
Thanks to everyone for your prayers and support!
Love to all,

Jackie, Jerry, and Timi

1 comment:

Kathy Harris said...

Vicki,
Trude was in today and said a "hairdo" would do you good! Just let me know and I'll oblige. So glad to hear yall are doing better. I know it's tough, stay strong!
Kathy Harris